Tuesday, October 18, 2011

American Fork Writer's Conference

So this weekend I went to the local Writer's Conference.  Figured it wouldn't be a bad place to start. The main topic was EBooks.

Way over my head. Amazing advice but my head is still spinning.  Everything in today's publishing market revolves around the internet. Long gone are the days when writing a book was the hardest part.  Now you have to be author/marketing genius/publisher/tax man.  It's a wee bit daunting.

Baby steps first things first.  Write the darned book. The workshop leader's name was Caleb Warnock. He was slightly insane but in that whole brilliant artist kinda way. He was really encouraging of my book idea and said I have a good narrative voice.  He hosts a weekly Wednesday workshop, so let's get 'er done.

No comments:

Post a Comment