Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ehh..Wrong Try Again

So I brought my first chapter to class. Did not go really well. Apparently I am funny but trying way to hard to come up with things to say. I keep thinking that just sharing my experiences isn't enough.  That I need more, like expert commentary.  The response to that was "You are not some inspirational Self-help Guru like Tony Robbins. Be you and write the story only you can write."

So I shed a few tears. It's really hard sometimes to have someone rip (literally) your work to shreds. But it will help me get better I am sure. I really hope so anyway.

On a side note, there's a really awesome lady in the class that works for the newspaper and she is going to write a story on me and my new finishing habit. I'll keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment