Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for the Doctor

Today's favorite alphabet letter is about me and the Doctor. Doctor who you might ask. Exactly. Doctor Who. I absolutely love Doctor Who. And David Tenant is hands down my favorite Doctor of all time.  I'm not ashamed to say I wept for days after he regenerated. So what exactly does this have to do with me? Well I'll tell you.

Recently I was editing for a pal of mine. I don't do any line edits, since as you can see from my posts, my grammar and comma use is atrocious. The one thing I have a knack for is content editing. Specifically, helping with a narrative voice. After giving my friend all the feedback I could, she gave me the coolest nickname ever-- the Voice Doctor. My brain made the clear and obvious jump to imagining me alongside the Doctor. Him, fixing the world with his sonic screwdriver. Me, fixing manuscripts with my red sharpie. Yep, I should totally be the next Companion.

What's your favorite D scifi word?

No comments:

Post a Comment