Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Validation

Facebook should be renamed Vaildation-Book. But it's not as catchy.

We, as a society, are putting ourselves, our kids, our thoughts up for the world to see. Then people validate that we are not crazy by "liking" us, or commenting. I find this incredibly interesting as a general statement on human nature. Every one needs to feel that they are not alone. That they are liked, loved and worth the oxygen they use each day.

I definitely have this mentality from time to time. Sometimes I need to take a step back and think to myself, Am I so busy seeking validation, that I am not validating others.

If you are going to use Facebook as a social media network and marketing tool, it has to be a multiway conversation. You can't just post funny things and ignore your "friends" posts. Take time to participate in their conversations and their days. You make more meaningful relationships that way and get deeper validation than just a "like"

No comments:

Post a Comment