Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Zaftig


Definition of ZAFTIG

of a woman
: having a full rounded figure : pleasingly plump
Origin of ZAFTIG
Yiddish zaftik-juicy


Whenever I get depressed that I am not a stick figure or tall willowy blonde, I tend to look up awesome adjectives that make me feel better about my curves. I stumbled across Zaftig not too long ago.

After I lost the 75 pounds, I was a little upset that I was still basically the same shape, just shrunk. Where was the delicate ballerina body I longed for? Why can I wear a size 6 and still have a mommy tummy?

Because I'm juicy and zaftig, that's why. 

And that's it. No more alphabet. YAY!  Ok, so it was a lot of work, but pretty fun too. I survived, but I think I will go back to once a week for this blog and keep up every day on my Finished Being Fat blog. Visit me there, or at Mormon Mommy Writers on Saturdays.

Thanks for reading, see ya next week.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm LOVING this word.

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Congratulations on finishing the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    Visiting from the Post A-Z Road Trip...I'm determined to visit everyone who signed up!

    Congratulations on finishing the challenge!
    There's nothing wrong with curves...my wife is a curvy woman and she's beautiful...as are you. Love yourself the way you are. Life is too short for the impossible "what ifs". Good word! Thanks for sharing.

    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

    ReplyDelete