Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for Heffalump

Aside from Eeyore, my favorite cartoon character is Lumpy- the heffalump from Winnie the pooh. The heffalump was originally created by A.A Milne in his classic stories. A.A. Milne was a freaking genius. His stories and characters have so many levels and depth to them. Sometimes I wonder if it was all masterfully intended or if its more like a rorschach painting- everybody sees what they want to see.

What amazed me about the heffalump, was the creation of something new and magical from something ordinary. A big gray old elephant transforms into a checked honey stealing companion to a woozle. The imagination is a wonderful thing. And who has more imagination than a child. That's why it's refreshing to shirk off the chains of adulthood, if only for a while, and indulge in stories from our childhood.

Whose your favorite character from Winnie the Pooh and why

1 comment:

  1. I loved Winnie the Pooh as a child. Your pictures bring the whole thing back. My father used to call me: Pooh. I always thought it was after the bear but it turned out to be after an opera. Never mind. I took the term as an endearment.

    ReplyDelete