Friday, April 27, 2012

X is for Xanthippe

I will admit I was stumped by this one. I went in search of a new favorite words starting with X. I found it.

Xanthippe is an ill tempered woman. Taming of the shrew anyone? Yesterday, that described me to a T. Everything around me was uber irritating. The house, the kids, the big kid I'm married to. Nothing pleased me. I was a xanthippe.

So next time somebody calls you a something that starts with B and ends in itch, just tell them you're a xanthippe. It'll shut them up and they'll have to go look it up in the dictionary. And they'll probably look in Z.

3 comments:

  1. That's just how I feel today! Hehehe... I'll tell my husband that tonight and see how he reacts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Love it. Every woman should have this in her arsenal. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "X" post! I feel like a xanthippe at times too - particularly now that I am in the midst of menopause.

    Thanks for participating in the A to Z Challenge.

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete