Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is for Quilt

My mom is the quilter, I'm not. I attempt to quilt, but learn very quickly that I can not sew straight. At least that's what the puncture holes in my thumb tell me.

But I'm ready to try again.  I have a goal. I'm going to make a fat quilt.

 If you have been reading this blog as well as my Finished Being Fat blog, you would know that I recently lost 75 pounds. I have an entire wardrobe of ZZL clothes that I will never need again. And to prove it to myself, I need to get rid of them.

Vintage Pooh "Winnie the Pooh" Motif Pleated Front Denim Bib Overalls~sz SI debated for a long time what to do. Some of my ordinary clothes I gave away. Some of the more hideous ones I burned. Passing that blue floral muumuu on to another victim would be inexcusable.  Some of the rest have special memories attached. The dress I wore for my tenth anniversay. My Winnie the Pooh overalls always made me happy- even though they looked horrible.

So I have been cutting my favorite fat clothes into 6x6 squares so I can piece them and sew them together. It won't be pretty. It won't be fancy. But it should make me smile and keep my newly skinny butt warm on cold winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment