Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for Unicorn



This is a new fascination for my little one. If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, it's a unicorn. Specifically she wants to be Celestia from My Little Ponies.

Do you remember a time in your life when you wanted to be something like a unicorn, and it totally made sense to you. The world had yet to beat you down and shove you into a little labeled box. Infinite possibilities. Unfortunately, reality seems to seep in younger and younger.

So when my daughter dreams of being a unicorn, I don't tell her they don't really exist. I ask her what color hair she's going to have and what they eat for lunch. I want her to enjoy that magic for as long as she can grasp it with both hands.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter loves the new My Little Pony series. :)

    So do my younger sons. ;)

    But you're absolutely right: kids need room to dream before "career life" crushes that life out of them. ;)

    It's great that you're getting it right with your daughter. It's easier said than done, I know.

    ReplyDelete